10 September 2011

Victims

Christine Lee Hanson - the youngest victim of 9/11. Aged just two.
Robert Grant Norton - the oldest victim from Lubec, Maine. He was eighty five.

I found this letter from his niece in one of those online memorial sites:-

Posted by Annette on August 7th 2008

Dear Uncle Bob,

I just found this site and wanted to post something.... First of all, I still miss you and always will. You were a very special man and helped so many people in your lifetime ... little children, single moms, elderly people, and most anyone who crossed your path in life. I spent my childhood waiting for your visits to Lubec and absolutely loved spending Xmas with you. You always had a big smile on your face and a twinkle of love in your eyes. You made my childhood extra special and did the same for me as a grown woman and mom. Thank you for everything you did in my life. I know you are in a better place and look forward to seeing you there one day.
Luv you ... xo

Annette

2 comments:

  1. it was a terrible day YP
    it remains with you doesn't it?

    sounds like it haunts you a little

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrific day, it does stay with you.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits