25 August 2005

Daughter

It's hard to believe that she has been on this planet for sixteen years and eleven months. She has been a fantastic daughter and we love her to bits. Often she seems older than her years - wise, calm and compassionate - until you visit her bedroom which resembles either a frantic crime scene or the ramshackle interior of a shanty town dwelling on the outskirts of Sao Paulo - then you're reminded that she really is sixteen after all. I guess that today will live in her memory forever. At school, she received her long and anxiously awaited GCSE results. Any lingering anxiety evaporated when the exam slips torn from her envelope informed her that she had earned eight A grades, two B's and two C's. As Fred Flintstone would say -"Yabadabadoo!".... I'm so proud of her... our lovely Frances.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting and letting me know about my mispelled word. No one else has ever noticed, or if they did, they didn't say anything about it. I made the change.

    However, it concerns me that someone that's part of the UK branch of the spelling and grammar police would mispell "mis-spelt" AND "probaly" in your comment to me on a mispelled word! LOL

    By the way, I LOVE yorkshire pudding...my grandmother's British.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughters are very very cool. My daughter is 24 and is the mother of a 5 year old daughter, who was born on my birthday.
    Her room sounds like my daughter's room and my son's. Mine too for that matter.
    Anyway. I love your blogs. I'm very new to blogging, but I think I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this ten years later. Your daughter is very beautiful - and intelligent, too. I wonder what she is doing now, how life went on, did she continua her studies, is she married or something ... This is why it is nice to start reading blogs from the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this ten years later. Your daughter is very beautiful - and intelligent, too. I wonder what she is doing now, how life went on, did she continua her studies, is she married or something ... This is why it is nice to start reading blogs from the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits