28 July 2005

Boris

<-Cats Protection League
Boris is our cat. He came to our garden five years ago. Back then he was a stray - so thin and scraggy that my darling wife took pity on him, fed him and so of course he kept coming back. It wasn't long before he got his little black and white paws over the threshold. All I could think of was the twenty years of commitment, the fleas, the vet's fees, the cattery fees, the cost of catfood, the little "accidents" that cats will tend to have on your best carpet. He decided to join us just after we'd had expensive PVC doors installed - so no cat flaps. At night, Boris sleeps in his kennel - unless it's antarctically cold outside. In spite of myself, I have grown to love this furry animal. He miaows at me then walks away with his feline earholes pinned back, expecting me to follow. When he turns left he wants out but when he turns right he wants feeding.
Late one evening, I once saw him crossing a major road two hundred yards from our house. Why? Where was he going? I wonder if they make little video cameras that can be strapped to cats' heads so that one of the great mysteries of the universe might be untangled - What exactly do cats do at night?

4 comments:

  1. My boyfriend has 2 cats, one of who always wants to escape (rescued as a street cat and wants to get back to his roots). A few months ago he got out and was gone for 24 hours. We put food out on the porch for him and he came back. But he "talked" so much after that-- lots of meowing and crying in the windows. I know he had some adventure (the night he was out we had a big thunderstorm) that he wants to tell us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Boris fixed? If not, I have a pretty good idea what he was out looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several cats. My folks, have three, all siblings, the only one who doesn't come in the house is Tom. The two girls come in and out, Number One and Twin.

    I have one cat..he lives in the house. His name is Texas Tuxedo Sox. He is spoiled rotten, has expensive allergies, and has his own email address.
    Oh and they are all "fixed".

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I LOVE THE CHARMING THAT YOU SPOKE ABOUT YOUR CAT.I AM PORTUGUESE AND I HAVE A BARBECUE IN MY GARDEN!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits