25 June 2005

Picture

Well I got me Yorkshire pudding in after all! Just like the ones mum used to make on Sundays. We'd each have a slice before the main Sunday dinner and the thing about our puddings is that they were 100% Yorkshire. They were so big you could fill em with gravy and allow a manatee to swim in em! The keys to good Yorkshire puddings are (a) A really hot oven (b) smoking melted lard (c) a moderately thick mixture stirred to absolute smoothness and (d) must be made in Yorkshire. I had a so-called Yorkshire pudding in London once and it was like a Londoner - limp, tasteless, gravy soaking through it and all puffed up at the edges!

1 comment:

  1. I have some Yorkshire Pudding tins, but I'm glad to be let off the hook in terms of making them. A good, simple recipe is often more than the sum of its parts. Until I visit Yorkshire, I shall stick to popovers.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits